personal drumming habits, etc.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Endurance ---week 8(?ish)

I have 2 goals for this next week which are going to make it probably both the most intense and the most focused week ever if I pull it off.

Goal 1 is significant improvement in the Endurance Exercise (im at Q=58 for double strokes and Q=68 for single strokes right now...havent tried it with the buzz roll yet). Ive found that this exercise helps with my Single Stroke exercise. Anyways tonight I ran up and down it 4 times double strokes (2 starting R and 2 starting L) and then the same with the single strokes. My arm is tired, I'll bet its sore tomorrow.

Goal 2 hasn't been tried yet because I can't get to a full kit all the time (we're renting out the practice space in the afternoons for another few days). I need to start doing Stick Control substituting my right foot. We have the big Ecstatic Sunshine gig at our house on Tuesday and I'd like the tempo to be a bit better for Mock Object (only 5 days away now). Anyways, if things go according to plan, both are going to be significant time consumers, but thats a good thing, because this time next week I'll be better and the whole Endurance thing is pretty key.

No comments: